Magical memorieshow igor ticks
Being a dealer of smiles and wonder is a priority in my life, and magic is my instrument. This post details my history and some highlights
Early magic memories
- Never really saw magic as a kid, but love to be “amazed”. At a french bistro in Fremont, there was a roving magician. His finally was card to ceiling. Looked up and saw cards all over the ceiling.
- At the table when Hannibal did Roadhouse and his perfect classic force.
How I started:
- Carl Bystrom’s class at magic with a french drop jacket routine (great intro Carl - thanks!)
- Not knowing how to shuffle and thus having to learn to shuffle till my fingers bled.
- Meeting the emerald city wizards, and the first night with professional magicians.
- Meeting Felix, and then Jarrod.
- Meeting Clive
Magic Get Together
- First Magic Conference - 3 of clubs
- Second Magic Conference - MagiFest
- Doing card to ceiling and the card still being on the ceiling at Microsoft a year later
- Girl on the bus that loved my magic trick.
- Girl at ice cream store who loved the trick, and jump up and down in a circle because it was so awesome.
- Failure at park where 10 year old told me I got in wrong, but in fact I had done it correctly.
- Ben’s son who carried the card around in his back pack for years.
- Card to blouse for intern
- Card across where thought I messed up with audience, but card stuck to guys ass
- Giving out unicorn coins
- Performing at Pike Place
Usually I just get to watch Clive perform, but I’ll get my own videos here eventually:
Amelia’s always proud I do magic. I was at her Kindergarden party, and suddenly they let the kids out and I was sorrouned by 15 Kindergardeners who wanted to see magic. It was awesome! I did tricks for lots to them, had them write their names on cards, gave out rubber bands – was a wonderful experience.
- Best ever - Interviewer was WFH over video.
- Daughter crawls in, Mom try’s to shew her away.
- I say, stop, watch.
- Daughter stand ups, only mouth and nose in frame.
- I get up and back palm.
- Jaw drops.
- Hard to beat that
- Guy doing Full-CD said snap your fingers find the bug
- Recruiters - Dream candidate and linked in
- Good candidate - Dream Job
- TODO something with distraction, or setup card to ceiling
Amelia - Amelia starting to do brauve reverse with card turning over.
Zach - Making up his own card trick for woman waiting on the bus. -
- Carl: How do you fix it? You fix it by doing it right!
- Carl: Stop - practice does not make perfect. It makes permanent.
- Carl: That’s great, except for the part you’re flailing.
- Felix: Uhm, that’s OK, just practice another 9,997 times.
- Felix, Oh, are you new at magic, maybe try a double lift.